Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Freedom, Simulate and Manage 2014 x86 install issues

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ukdxb012
2890 Views, 6 Replies

Navisworks Freedom, Simulate and Manage 2014 x86 install issues

Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with Navisworks Freedom, Simulate and Manage 2014 x86 versions when trying to install them on Windows XP x86. Each install from Deployment Image simply bomb's out!

Ive double checked all three Deployment Images and they all state 32 Bit rather than 64 Bit deployments so im wondering what the issue is...

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: ukdxb012

What errors are listed in the installation log after failure?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
ukdxb012

Unfortunately it doesn't produce one...

It gets as far as 11 green blocks on the setup initialising and then just stops.

Having done a bit of research into this it looks as though Navisworks 2014 isnt supported on Windows XP x86 because you cannot install .NET 4.5 on the Operating System.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15740409&linkID=10382101#section4

Debugged my own question 🙂

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 7
Erik-Scroggins

My client is having trouble opening a NWD with Navisworks Freedom 2013 with Windows XP 32-bit.

What is the best way for my client to open the model with Freedom Viewer on a 32-bit machine with Windows XP??

Erik Scroggins

Message 5 of 7
ukdxb012
in reply to: Erik-Scroggins

Erik,

What version of Navisworks was used to produce the NWD? Did you export it as a 2013 or 2012 NWD?

You could try exporting as a 3D DWF for Autodesk Design Review 2013 or NAvisworks Freedom 2013 or upload the file to Autodesk 360 which will allow the user to view in a browser.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 7
Erik-Scroggins

The NWD was originally exported from Navisworks 2014.

I exported the model as a DWF. and it opened fine with Freedom 2013. Thanks for the idea Duncan, hopefully it works from my clients end.

Erik

Message 7 of 7
ukdxb012
in reply to: Erik-Scroggins

Try exporting from Navisworks 2014 a 2013 NWD rather than just the standard NWD. When you do a Save As, make sure you change the file format and you should see the option for 2013 NWD.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report