Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Freedom 2014 Uninstall

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
chax
2619 Views, 8 Replies

Navisworks Freedom 2014 Uninstall

I attempted to install Navisworks Freedom 2014 but forgot to turn off Trend Micro virus protection.

The installation failed but the uninstall program indicates that a language pack has not been installed and therefore, will not let me uninstall the program.

I have attempted to reinstall with Trend Micro off but the installer says that the program is already installed.

How can I uninstall what is present on the computer so I can successfully install the program?

Thanks

Chris

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
AndyG_ADSK
in reply to: chax

Chris,

Sounds like you have uninstalled just the language pack part of Freedom.  The best thing to do would be to install a language pack -- once you have a language pack you should be able to attempt a complete uninstall again. 
You will need the original source media or if you do not have it to hand you will have to download it.  Find the appropriate x64 or x86\en-US\NAVFREE\NAVFREE_LP.msi and double click it to install.

HTH
Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 3 of 9
chax
in reply to: AndyG_ADSK

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

When I attempt to install (reinstall) the program tells me that it is already installed.

When I try to unintall, it cannot becuase it needs the language pack.

Any ideas?

Chris

Message 4 of 9
AndyG_ADSK

Chris,

Just install a language pack, not the whole product.  To do this, run the English LP installer which will be on the source media located here: x64\en-US\NAVFREE\NAVFREE_LP.msi for a 64bit system or here: x86\en-US\NAVFREE\NAVFREE_LP.msi for a 32 bit system.  Double click that file and it should install the LP.  After that uninstall should work.

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 5 of 9
chax

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

I found the language pack file but when I attempt to run it I get the following message

"Can't find Navisworks Freedom x64 so unable to continue"

The virus protection is turned off when I attempt to run it.

Any ideas?

Chris

Message 6 of 9
AndyG_ADSK

Chris,

Reading your first post again, I think there is a typo which confused me.  I think you're saying you have uninstalled the Freedom product but not the language pack.  To uninstall the language pack you should just be able to go into the control panel and find "Autodesk Navisworks Freedom 2014 English Language Pack" and uninstall it as you would any windows program.

If there is no entry there, then you can try to drive an uninstall from the command line.  Open a command window (running as administrator) and run the command:

MsiExec.exe /X {0D20419E-7BFA-0409-AFAF-A1181FCDFD27} /qb

That should uninstall the language pack.

Cheers

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 7 of 9
chax

Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

The story is as follows

1) Attempted install but Trend Micro interferred

2) Unfortunatly, it appears that the program thinks its installed becuase when I try to reinstall with Trend Micro off it indidcates that it is already installed.

3) When I try to uninstall, the program indicates that there is no language pack installed so cannot uninstall.

4)  When I tried to install the language pack it failed bacause it could not find a file.

So, it would appear that I cannot reinstall or uninstall.  Further, the program does not run.

Maybe it is time for a clean install of Windows to wipe it away.

Not looking forward to that.

Chris

Message 8 of 9
dgorsman

Before you get to that point, look for "Clean uninstall" instructions for AutoDesk products, using something along the name of CCleaner.  That should be able to wipe the last vestiges of any install thats fish-boning your install attempts.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 9
AndyG_ADSK

Chris,

One last thing with this will be to run a repair on the dangling Freedom install, then try the language pack install again. Open a cmd window with administrator privileges, and run the command:
msiexec /fvomus {0D20419E-7BFA-0000-AFAF-A1181FCDFD27}

After this try to install the lang pack again.

If this fails, then your absolute last resort will be the kind of "cleaner" programs that are being suggested here. I wouldn't recommend using those unless all other options have been exhausted.

Cheers
Andy

Autodesk Employee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report