Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks - Animated objects appear in wrong start position?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Christine_Autodesk
1995 Views, 3 Replies

Navisworks - Animated objects appear in wrong start position?

Hi, 

I've been using Navisworks Simulate for about a year and I am now trying to improve the animations by introducing fly in/scaled/rotating objects. 

I understand how to create the animation sets and link them to the Timeliner task.

My method of doing this is to have the object in the orginal position (Postion A), move the timebar slider to a later time (eg, 5sec) and clicking the [Capture Keyframe] button. I then move the timebar slider to the start (0sec) and move the object away (Position B) and click the [Capture Keyframe] button. This creates a simple animation of the object moving from Position B to A (original position) in a 5 sec animation. 

My problem is:

After I have linked the Animation set to the timeliner task, when I go to Simulate, the object first appears in Position A (original position) for a split second, then reappears in Position B before moving to Position A. 

This results in my animation having flashes of the objects in their original position before the correct animations start. 

I don't see this problem in any others videos and have searched all over google and on discussion boards to no luck. 

Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong or whether its some sort of setting I need to fix. Please Help!

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I think you are experiencing the same thing that I just posted about.  Did you ever figure out a solution?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Navisworks-General/Pending-tasks-visible-during-simulation/td-p/474810...

Jason Seck
BIM Coordinator
Black & Veatch, Water Division
Message 3 of 4

What do you have as an "Early Apperace" or "Start Appearance" in Timeliner?

Have you tried doing it the other way:

• position B and save keyframe at 00:00
  • move time slider over
  • move object back to position A and save keyframe (this can be achieved by "Reset" transformation. An even easier way is to first save the "A" keyframe and move it over on the timeline to the desired time.
Message 4 of 4

I found the solution. It was actually really simple. In the Simulate tab, under settings, I had accidently ticked the [Show all tasks in interval], so the object would always appear in its original place before going to the animated location. 

Once I unclicked this, the problem was solved. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report