Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2013 - Renderings are Black

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ManhattanCC
846 Views, 3 Replies

Navisworks 2013 - Renderings are Black

I have been looking through different discussions to try and find a solution to why my renderings in Navisworks 2013 come out black. There is no "ByLayer" under materials to delete, so I am hoping there is another setting that may be causing this. I am able to export a low quantity image with no problems, however all high quality renders are completely black. Any help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: ManhattanCC

Black as in *completely* black, or just very very dark with some detail?  The latter could be insufficient lighting.  High quality renders tend to be very finicky about the amount of light; too little and you can't see the image properly, too much and it gets washed out.  If the former it could be running out of system resources.  The video card is only involved in rendering to screen, not to file, so its easy to bump up against available RAM limitations with high-quality settings.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
ManhattanCC

Completely black. I have done several different lighting adjustments, but that doesn't seem to work and I don't think I am having issues with RAM. I have opened other projects of similar size and have not had any problems.

Message 4 of 4
snijdam

Try to go to the presenter tab and see if there is a material called: By_layer and delete this. It is possible that there is a material active, delete it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report