Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naviswork Animation - Frame rates? HELP!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tfischer
1938 Views, 1 Reply

Naviswork Animation - Frame rates? HELP!

So I am creating some vitural tours of a building. I am new to the animation process in Navisworks and need a "frame rate" question answered.

My model is fairly large, typically, when using navisworks, I go up to "Home tab" > "File Options" > "Speed" and I change the frame rate from a default of 6 to something like 15 for easily zipping around the model for coordination.

Now, when I change this frame rated to 15 or even 10, when zooming, panning, etc around the model, once you "move" the camera position, the graphics have to "catch up"  i.e. - I have huge curtain walls, and I orbit around, and when I stop, all the windows fill in - typically takes a few seconds.   -- This is all fine and good for my own use.

But now I am trying to create a nice animation for the owner. When changing the "frame rates" like mentioned above, I get a smooth animation, BUT the objects are NOT completely loaded when running the animation. I have NOT exported to AVI file yet so I do not know if that will "clean up" the movie or not?

I do not want only half of my curtain wall appearing during the animation, I want the whole thing as it should look. If I change the frame rate down to '1', the animation gets WAY too choppy and is almost unplayable.

Help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgorsman
in reply to: tfischer

Just for clarification, the "guaranteed frame rate" is for moving around the model live.  I'm not certain this has an impact when exporting animations, which has a separate frame rate setting.

For clear animation I'd recommend 15-20 frames-per-second.  Don't count on being able to create a minutes long, single-sequence AVI at a decent resolution with a heavily detailed model even with a mondo-system and decent CODEC.  You'll probably need to chop it up into seconds-long chunks and stitch them together afterwards (consider 15 FPS x 60 seconds is rendering 900 images).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report