Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWNavigator Crashes

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rob.basa
3018 Views, 6 Replies

NWNavigator Crashes

On Windows 7 Pro, we have tried the NWNAVIGATOR command with the 64-bit versions of AutoCAD 2010 and 2013 with Simulate 2013, and get the attached error:

.NET-BroadcastEventWindow.4.0.0.0.38248fc.0: lcnavigator.server.exe - Entry Point...

The procedure entry point ?IsScalableLinear@LcUData@@QEBAHXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library lcutil.dll.

We tried re-installing the Navisworks exporters using the following three methods and continue to receive the error, and after even just the 64-bit exporters are removed we have confirmed that NWNAVIGATOR command no longer shows up in AutoCAD.

1.  Using Add/Remove Programs and choosing to re-install the exporters
  2.  Uninstalling the exporters and running our Navisworks deployment to re-install them
  3.  Uninstalling the exporters and using the NWC Export Utility 2013 to re-install them

We have loaded nwexport2013.arx, and according to http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=14208960&linkID=9240937&siteID=123112 there is also supposed to be a NWNAVIGATOR.ARX file but that file does not exist.  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=13580992&linkID=10382101&siteID=123112 says that NWNAVIGATOR is only available from Manage and Simulate, and I am wondering if we must install Manage to get it to work.

Either way, we would like to not tie up our Navisworks licenses and so we would like to get a fix for this.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: rob.basa

This sounds like a mismatch has occurred between the navigator service shared component & other installed components. There are three separate installed components that Navigator uses internally - the Navigator NET DLL for AutoCAD (the actual plugin), the Navigator Server which provides shared services, and the ActiveX component. All three must be in sync and the same versions.

Is it possible your deployment is using 2013 and the manual installer is 2013 SP1 (or similar mismatches)? Typically a missing import in a DLL like lcutil means that you have a newer version of the plugin DLL but not a newer version of lcutil.dll.

You could try manually applying the latest service pack for all the relevant installations you have to see if that refreshes the relevant files.

Navigator is available as part of the standalone exporters package and does not require licensing. It is in fact now an AutoCAD NET DLL, so you'd expect something like nwnavigator2013_10.dll in your AutoCAD root folder. The shared components I mentioned earlier are installed into <Program Files>\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Navisworks. There should be folders in there referring to ActiveX and to Navigator Server. If you're performing an uninstall, verify that those folders are removed by the uninstall.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 3 of 7
rob.basa
in reply to: JeffH_ADSK

Service pack 1.1 is included in the AutoCAD 2013 deployment.  The Navisworks (freedom + simulate + 32/64-bit converters) deployment has 2013 SP1 (10.2) included, and I used the option to merge the service pack into the administrative image.  I checked the folders that you listed and was not entirely sure which ActiveX dll file to target, but I think that I chose a good blend.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\

nwnavigator_2013_10.dll (version 10.0.840.82, modified 3/5/2012 7:55pm)

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Navisworks\2013\Navigator Server\

lcutil.dll (version 10.0.840.82, modified 3/5/2012 7:55pm)

NOTE: all dll's in this folder had the same build

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Navisworks\2013\Navigator Server\en-us\

lcnavigator.server.resources.dll (version <blank>, modified 3/5/2012 6:51pm)

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Navisworks\2013\ActiveX Redistributable\

nwheidi11.dll (version 11.0.4.20, modified 3/5/2012 7:55pm)

lcodpnwcreate.dll (version 10.2.910.43, modified 9/7/2012 7:09am)

lcnav.dll (version 10.2.910.43, modified 9/7/2012 7:09am)

lclads.dll (version 7.9.1.0, modified 6/15/2011 12:10pm)

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Navisworks\2013\ActiveX Redistributable\en-us\

lcodplwres.dll (version 10.2.910.43, modified 9/7/2012 7:10am)

Then, I did a fresh install of Simulate on my own machine without the service pack and had the following results.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Navisworks\2013\ActiveX Redistributable\

nwheidi11.dll (version 11.0.4.20, modified 3/5/2012 6:55pm)

lcodpnwcreate.dll (version 10.0.840.82, modified 3/5/2012 6:55pm)

lcnav.dll (version 10.0.840.82, modified 3/5/2012 6:55pm)

lclads.dll (version 7.9.1.0, modified 6/15/2011 11:10pm)

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Navisworks\2013\ActiveX Redistributable\en-us\

lcodplwres.dll (version 10.0.840.82, modified 3/5/2012 6:56pm)

The other folders did not exist as I did not have AutoCAD 2013 installed, and I found that Simulate does not install Navigator unless AutoCAD is first installed.  I installed AutoCAD using the deployment (with the service pack) and then re-installed Simulate (without the service pack) and the mismatch disappeared.  NWNAVIGATOR worked!

Once I install the Simulate service pack AutoCAD crashes while loading (Preparing working environment...NWNAVIGATOR) since it is trying to load the component.  On the other machines they never had it loaded and it would crash when they entered the NWNAVIGATOR command.

My question now is: how do I fix it?  We need the service pack but also need NWNAVIGATOR.  Thanks again for your help.

Message 4 of 7
tinyang

I am having the same problem, but it only occurs on our 32 bit winXP clients, not our win7 64bit clients. I have an open call with Autodesk support and our local autodesk vendor. I'll post back if we find out something.  I have also pointed this thread out to autodesk support since it was the only result I could find about my error when I googled it, hope that helps others with this error!

Message 5 of 7
rob.basa
in reply to: tinyang
Message 6 of 7
rob.basa

The following fixes the problem:

Could you try using the .NET Cleanup utility to remove all the versions of .NET on the machine: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx?  

After doing so, remove any of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005/2008/2010
redistributables and runtimes from the Programs and Features Control Panel.

Then try uninstalling the exporters and reinstalling them again from here: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL20458011

Katie Langan

Autodesk Support Team

Message 7 of 7
l.oosterveen

We tried all above but no solution for us.

We fixed it by replacing the lcutil.dll from another machine, that did not had the problem.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Navisworks\2013\Navigator Server

The old version was 10.0

The dll we copied was 10.2

After running NWNavigatyor inside AutoCAD the problem was dissappeared.

Lambertus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report