Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My model disappears when i select Simulate

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
tcorey
4651 Views, 11 Replies

My model disappears when i select Simulate

As soon as I select the Simulate tab of the Timeliner, my model disappears. If I select a different tab before letting the window collapse, the model looks the way I want.

Where should I be looking?

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
tangw
in reply to: tcorey

Hi Tim,

If your project contained the timeliner data (you could check it in Tasks tab), then you select the Simulate Tab, you would get into the Simulate mode automaticly. And the time is set to the start time of your project. At this time, your project haven't start yet, so that you can't see your model. You could start the simulation by click the "Play" button.

Hope that's helpful to you.

Regards,

Wei Tang

Wei Tang
Software Engineer
Simulate Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 12
tcorey
in reply to: tangw

Thanks, that helps.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 12
sjon18
in reply to: tangw

Hello,

I am currently having the same problem but once I hit the play button the model never appears. All it does is run through each task but never shows the model. Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 12
ahocutt
in reply to: sjon18

I'm just starting to play around with Navisworks.  I had the same issue, The only way it worked for me is if the camera is in the same scene as the animations.  The video I saw had a separate camera scene, but I'm not exactly sure how they combined the two.

Message 6 of 12
eng.m.rahmani
in reply to: ahocutt

you must reattach the sets to your tasks.

Message 7 of 12
LyleHardin
in reply to: eng.m.rahmani

Same issues here.

Items to show in timeline are in Selection Sets. Check.

Selection Sets are attached to Tasks. Check.

Plan view of model shows everything.

I pick the Simulate tab and model disappears.

I pick Run, or pick a date but nothing ever appears.

What's going on?

Message 8 of 12

Same here. Although the simulate tab had been working up until today, now when ever I select the simulate tab the model vanishes regardless of whether or not i'm playing the simulation. Anybody got the answer?

Message 9 of 12

I had the same problem, but found out that I hadn't selected Task Type. It worked when I selected this.

Message 10 of 12
kaitlin.pickett

Has anybody solved this? I am having the exact same problem in Navisworks Manage 2021. Checked all my far clip settings, done all my selection sets, selected task types, dates included, pressed play, still nothing

Message 11 of 12
e.m.usman13

It means we are facing this problem from 4 years and still dont have solution. I have same problem in 2022. Autodesk is saying to shift to synchro or other software by not giving us answer

Message 12 of 12
zaawad
in reply to: e.m.usman13

you need to fill the "task type" to construct or demolish or temporary and the tasks will then be visible

zaawad_0-1685957965720.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report