Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linkage between Navisworks 2013 And Revit 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GregBishop5164
551 Views, 3 Replies

Linkage between Navisworks 2013 And Revit 2013

I have of issues regarding managing the relationship of a Navisworks file with a Revit Building model. If somebody can point me to a comprehensive description about how best to establish and maintain the relationship between these files I would be very appreciative.

How does one confirm which Revit file I have embedded in Navisworks. Where can I determine the actual path and location of the file. I have been working with multiple Revit and Navisworks files with the same names but placed in different folders both on the computer and on shared DropBoxlocations. My thinking was that Navisworks worked with relative pathnames and so if the rvt revit file and the nwf navisworks file travel together they would maintain their relationship but that does not seem to be the case.

In autocad it was easy to trace the paths of xrefs. I do not see a similar mechanism in Navisworks.

Thank-you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You should be able to see the locations for the Revit files by selecting the name of the linked file in the Selection tree, then look in the Properties, to see where the file is from.

Here is a screenshot:

http://screencast.com/t/rg4DjSnF8P

Also, at this time, it looks like Navisworks uses the full path for file locations and not relativized path locations.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 4

OK!

Thank you for your reply. A simple answer to a simple question which lay right under my nose. And I will accept that as a "solution" to my question.

But........why when you right click the FIle name in the Selection Tree is there not a right click option to bring up the Properties which would facilitate seeing that the properties tab contiains this file information?

I would still like to see a one stop window like the xref manager in autocad which manages all of the referenced or linked files, (both 3d and data files) so that one could easily see what files are referenced, their file paths and be able to detach and re-attach files as necessary. I would think this would be critical for larger projects.

And I would think that relative path relationships would be important for firms that need to move their project files from one location to another for whatever reason. Why not make this process simpler

Thanks again

Greg

Message 4 of 4

We are always looking to make our product better, which is why we have set up this link for you to submit feature requests, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report