Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching plugin from the command line with Roamer.exe

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1426 Views, 1 Reply

Launching plugin from the command line with Roamer.exe

Hi,

This seems like a dumb question, but I can't seem to get a command line command with roamer to recognize my plugin when trying to launch from the command line.

I've found the documentation here: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Navisworks/enu/2014/Help/0001-Quick_St1/0004-Command_4#procedures

But when I try to run the command

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Simulate 2013\roamer.exe" -ExecuteAddInPlugin "MyPlugin.ADSK"

or

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Simulate 2013\roamer.exe" -ExecuteAddInPlugin "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Simulate 2013\Plugins\MyPlugin.ADSK"

or

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Simulate 2013\roamer.exe" -ExecuteAddInPlugin MyPlugin.ADSK

when I have a plugin dll in my Navisworks install at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Simulate 2013\Plugins\MyPlugin.ADSK\MyPlugin.ADSK.dll, I'm just getting a "The command line action failed: The Plugin was not found" message after roamer launches.

Am I overlooking some silly syntax thing?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok, figured it out, you don't necessarily use the filename of the plugin DLL but the plugin name string as defined in the [PluginAttribute("name", "GUID")] line in the plugin class .cs file formatted as "<name>.<GUID>"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report