Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install error for Manage, Simulate and Freedom

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ScotBIM
741 Views, 5 Replies

Install error for Manage, Simulate and Freedom

I have been trying to install Navisworks Manage 2013 (64bit) on my laptop, but when the install process gets to the same point "Extracting zh_TW" (see screen grab below) a popup appears saying;

Some files could not be created. Please close all applications, reboot Windows and restart the application

I have tried installing Simulate and Freedom instead and I get the same problem at the same point.

I tried reducing the length of the installation folder name to C:\NM to see if the longer file name was the issue - but same problem.

Any ideas? Getting desperate now.

navisinstall1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
emily.xu
in reply to: ScotBIM

Hi, ScotBIM

Welcome to Autodesk Discussion Group. I will help you with your problem.

Your issue happened during the installation files extracted,from the image, seems some files corrupted. Where did you get the installation files? subscription center or download somewhere? did you try to extract it on another machine,if it works? Or please try to redownload NM from your sub center and retry to install,you can try to save the download in your harddisk, after download completed,click the .exe to extract it.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 6
ScotBIM
in reply to: emily.xu

Manage and Simulate were downloaded from Sub-Center this week, Freedom from the Autodesk website.

Message 4 of 6
Patrick_Aps_9121

I have seen a problem lik this, not with the folder you install to,

but the solution was to rename and shorten the path your deployment starts from:

The longest path in the deplyment is

AdminImage\x86\NAVMAN\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2013\api\net\examples\Automation\MessageClientServer\MessageClientServerInterface\Properties

which is 142 charaters long.

The total lenght of our path should be less than 256 charaters, my guess

Message 5 of 6
ScotBIM
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

Patrick,

Thanks for the reply, but I had already tried that by copying the dployment to a folder named NM13 on the C drive of the workstation. I thought that would be short enough...... but same problem.

Message 6 of 6
Patrick_Aps_9121

Moving a deployment does not change the deployment. 

In my experience, you need to re-create the deployment if you want it to start from another location.

Try creating a new deployment, make it custom andleave out the AutoDesk Materials Liberary.

worth a try

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report