Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Measurements

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cRAZY_Canuck
1597 Views, 3 Replies

Incorrect Measurements

I'm having issues in that there seems to be an odd scaling or miss measuring factor happening when I export models and open them in Navisworks.

The Autocad models themselves are in mm but when I try to measure the same objects in Navisworks the dimension is shown in meters and has no relation to the actual distance in the model turning 725mm into 19.05m.

It doesn't seem to matter what I'm exporting my models as from AutoCAD I get this issue, is there an export or import setting I'm missing or a NW setting that I can't find?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: cRAZY_Canuck

Thats a scale factor of about 25.4 - I think there is some imperial conversion in there, maybe somebody updated the NWC cache file with their units set as inches?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
thuzz
in reply to: cRAZY_Canuck

I had the same problem but changed the "model unit" to feet even when I use mm in Revit and measure in mm in Navisworks.

Don't know why it works but it does and the measurements is correct in Navisworks.

You change "model unit" by right clicking on the model in the selection tree and chose Units and Transform.

Message 4 of 4
cRAZY_Canuck
in reply to: thuzz

Thanks thuzz - changing the units to something and than back again fixed it, no idea why but it seems to fix it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report