Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing PDS (.dri) files in Navisworks Simulate 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
shmolla
2327 Views, 3 Replies

Importing PDS (.dri) files in Navisworks Simulate 2013

Hi,

I am trying to open dri files in Navisworks Simulate 2013. But the program crashes after 12%.

I'm using  a Dell T7600 with WIndows 7 64 bit, Dual Xeon processors, 128 GB RAM, Quadro 6000.

Thanks in advance.

SHMolla

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: shmolla

Thy one or all of these:

Check if "load references" is OFF at the options of the DGN, check if load PDS data is ON.

PDS files tend to have lots of references referencing each other.

Do not load the dri file, but append the DGN files with 10 at the time. Save the nWF whenever it succeeded.

the corresponding drv file with the same filename will be loaded also.

Use Navisworks 2012. 2013 has definity a problem with PDS component data, i'm not sure it is solved with the latest 2013 serivce pack.

Message 3 of 4
Sameer_Band01

Dear sir i want more information on pds (.pri) file. can any one provideing me one sample file .pri for R and D

Thanks & Regrds

sameer

Message 4 of 4
AbdulBasit1473

We have a DRI file set and it does get loaded into Navis Simulate when we select the options in the file reader. When we try to "Save As" the file into a Navis there is a huge memory consumption during the save as operation and software gives an out of memory message during the save operation.

How can we solve this problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report