Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing P6 files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1634 Views, 2 Replies

Importing P6 files

I tried to import a P6 xer. file using Data sources/Add/ Primavera project management 6-8 , a message appeared " No Primavera data source found " , although i`ve got the xer, file on my desktop . Any help ?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

Thanks for using the Navisworks forums & participating in our community.

For a variety of reasons, Navisworks does not ship with Primavera components. It is capable of interacting with an appropriately installed version of Primavera. Thus it cannot open a Primavera file directly. It must instead access the Primavera server & pull the data from the file that way. More details can be found in the Navisworks wiki help.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 3 of 3
hluo
in reply to: JeffH_ADSK

We don't have P6 web services, so we installed P6 v7 and Navisworks 2014 on the same computer, but Navisworks still can't detect P6 database in the computer. My question will be how to create a DSN for navisworks, and how to link to P6 if we can't use P6 web services. 

We have no problem to link to Microsoft Project, but we can't sync between updated schedule and Navisworks, because we use Unique ID/ID as sync ID, but Unique ID is the same as display ID, the number changes when the schedule add or delete tasks. It will be great if we can use GUID as sync ID for Microsoft Project, but we only can choose GUID when we use CSV Data. My another question will be how to use GUID as sync ID when you use Micisoft Project file?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report