Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FURTHER DEVELOPMENTS - SP3D .vue FILES

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
tasliou
9093 Views, 13 Replies

FURTHER DEVELOPMENTS - SP3D .vue FILES

Dear Autodesk

I am a client of Intergraph and User of Smart Plant Review. However i had the oportunity also to work with Navisworks and have discovered that the functions of NavisWorks could boost significantly the productivity of my work but so far Navisworks does not support files generated by SP3D.

Is Autodesk going to integrate models of .vue file formats from SmartPlant 3D of Intergraph sometime in the near future?

or should i renew my licences of the Smart Plant Review?

Best Regards
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
richardparker
in reply to: tasliou

Hello tasliou

The Navisworks team are always keen to broaden the range of file formats that we support and .vue / SP3D is #1 on our priority list at the moment. However when working with non-Autodesk proprietary file formats we typically have the support or cooperation of the format owner (or a suitable 'open' format exists). When neither of those are available it can be an extremely tricky task! We are continuing to investigate options that could allow us to deliver interoperability between SP3D & Navisworks.

Often 'customer power' is key to encouraging an organization to 'open up' their proprietary formats and support multi-product workflows - we would certainly recomend that you take this approach with other software vendors that you purchase from!

Best Regards,
Richard
Message 3 of 14
tasliou

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your FeedBack.

As you suggest, i will address officialy to Intergarph my concerns.

However it is realy a disapointment to have the 2 main 3D Design review developers not to be able to cooperate for the common benefit of both companies.

My Best Regards
Message 4 of 14
samv74

Dear All,

We also have a  same concern as we are a Ingr Client also using Design Review and also using Naisworks on Large scale for PDS users. We will have big problem in near future when we completely switch our execution from PDS to SP3D.

Do we have any updates on this as last message was posted on 11-09-2009. Its almost one year and no solution.

Messag for Navisworks development Team

1. While we generate vue files from SP3D. It also creates Xml file containing the label/annotation data which is being used along with vue. If requied we can provide xml file to investigate the team to explore it and make it compatible xml which can be readily import in to Naviswoks.

2. For Model Graphic, Since Dgn is acceptable format for Navisworks & in SP3D, facility is available to export the Model data into Dgn format. So development team just need to link this graphic along with the compatible xml file.

3. Alternate solution is, Both big banners seat together and decide about common format which can be exchangable to both the review packages, which we think is tricky process but at some point of time, we hope it will be possible. Look at the simplest example of Frameworks & Tekla Products for structure modellilng. Now this is possible two way through SAT format because of their great efforts and made our life comfortable. Same way, we expect both AutoDesk and Ingr works together to find the solution.

Message 5 of 14
vsahayaraj

A converter available @ unitec.de

Refer link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dAL2PpR7IRg

SmartPlant 3D Interface für Autodesk Navisworks

Unitec bietet Ihnen nach dem Baukastenprinzip erweiterbare 3D CAD-
Reader für Navisworks an. Nach dem Einlesen stehen Ihnen abhängig
von den Lizenzen die Funktionen von Navisworks zur Verfügung.

Dazu gehören z.B.:
· Smartplant 3D Erweiterung
· 3D PDF Erweiterung

Message 6 of 14
lum.wang
in reply to: samv74

Dear AutoDesk,

we are facing the same challenging. Is there any update about the support of Intergraph uve format? We are also the Intergraph SPF user which has 3D model in the file format zvf. Can naviswork suppor this format? 

Regards,

Luming

Message 7 of 14
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: lum.wang

Another possible workaround, at least for Tekla and other software is the IFC file format.

Perhaps the combination of an IFC export in SP3D and the XML file with the object data from SP3D could also be a (better) way then the DGN route, as SP3D is only capable of exporting to the old and very limited MicroStation J DGN file format.

Message 8 of 14
Jganjei
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

Hi Everybody;

Any update on this topic after 6 years !?

Tnx

Message 9 of 14
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Jganjei

Support for SP3D has not made the 2006 release, but Autodesk is working on it. Maybe next year, maybe not. The trouble is that the .vue file format is proprietary and Intergraph is not keen on sharing file formats at all.
Message 10 of 14

Dear All,

Atlast, i made the tool to generate the S3D model into Navisworks (with property info).

To generate the current NWD file, it took more than ~ 2hours. Currently working to improve the performance.

Regards,

Raghu

Message 11 of 14

Perfect! Well done!

Do you have a plan to share your program with other people for solving this problem?

Regards

Message 12 of 14
aysennikov
in reply to: Jganjei

Interested as well
Message 13 of 14

Can you share  what software used to convert SP3D data into NWD

Message 14 of 14

No he cannot. And this is obvious.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report