Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Collision Markups

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Drafter1981
622 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting Collision Markups

I think this has been discussed before but again I would like some clarification.

After going to a coordination meeting, every one of the different trades uploaded files to a central model, or appended files to a Navisworks File to create a composite model. Obviously the BIM coordinator was able to do a collision check. After our friendly discussion we were all handed a copy of the “NWF or NWD” files or given an “FTP” site / address to download the most current file if you didn't have a flash drive. We were then politely asked to make the appropriate adjustments to our portion of the model.

While we were politely discussing which trade would make the major moves or adjustments it appeared as if the BIM coordinator was able to move and make edits in Navisworks. Perhaps I was mistaken but, I thought you could only markup or Redline collision files?

Also, if we now have a “preliminary” composite would it be possible to just export this out in a format other than “NWF or NWD”?

Milt Fitzgerald (a.k.a. Drafter1981)
Fitz’ Digital Cad Service L.L.C. (Consulting Business)
https://sites.google.com/site/fitzdigitalcadservice/
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi there,

in Navisworks Simulate you can "move and transform" a selection temporarily.

Typically this can be used to see if a (large) piece can be mounted into a builiding using cranes.

Also the way items are represented (colour, trancparency and even invisible) can be changed.

Another feature is that if the CAD apllication (Revit or some other) are installed also on the same machine, you can "switch back" from Navisworks to the CAD apllication and make edits there. When saved and when pressing F5 (refresh) in a NWF file in Navisworks, these edits will become visible.

The only ohter export of the 3D modle is FBX format

that then can be converted (usind 3D studio Max) back to a kind of 3D DWG.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report