Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Grid systems in Navisworks 2014

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
goyat.jean
1769 Views, 7 Replies

Deleting Grid systems in Navisworks 2014

Hi everyone,

How would I delete grid systems in Navisworks without deleting any of the files?

I have multiple grids listed in the grid selection dropdown and I want to clean it up and reupload a rvt grid file with the new, most up-to-date one, which has a similar name.

I don't want people to get confused as to which to use, so purging the list would be my best option.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Grids can come into Navisworks from Revit only. So I think they can be deleted in only Revit.
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the response.

The problem is that the grids stay in my nwf eventhough the revit file was deleted. If I reupload a new file (or even append the same file agan, not refresh) the grids get added to the list and I end up with different versions of the same grid, with the same name.

I want to be able to purge that list even when there are only DWG files in the nwf.

Deleting Grids - Example.png

Message 4 of 8
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: goyat.jean

Thank you for the update.

After some testing, we were not able to reproduce the behavior you are describing.

Here is a video of our testing:

http://screencast.com/t/RLGxIwGMZ

We found that purging the Revit file before reloading it into Navisworks makes the changes to Navisworks as expected.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 8
goyat.jean
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

To reproduce the behavior, you have to delete the revit file (go to selection tree-> right click on the revit file -> delete) and re-append it (no refresh!). Then the grid stays in the nwf file with no possibility of deleting it.

The reason behind this process is that the grid we were using was modified by the architect and a new file was created (new naming convention). We had to delete the old one and now have the new one in the nwf and I do not have the old file anymore.

I want to be able to delete the list of grids without having to recreate a nwf.

Message 6 of 8
Chris.Aquino

The permanent fix requires the code for Navisworks to be modified, and as such we do not have an immediate fix.

The workaround at this time is to create a new NWF.

We understand that this may not be the preferred workflow, but as I mentioned, any change in behavior will require the code for Navisworks to be modified.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 7 of 8
goyat.jean
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thanks, that's what I'll do. Is this de facto added to the whish list?
Message 8 of 8
smbrennan

I realize this is over a year and a half old, but it was helpful to me. Thank you Chris for confirming that Navisworks does not currently allow users to remove grid systems.

To answer your question about the feature being logged in the wish list, I would suggest that you use the Product Feedback link (I have a link in my signature). Alternatively AUGI has a wishlist system you should consider investing some time into. I'm sure Chris logged this already, but I still like to recommend that users provide feedback whenever possible. Power in numbers, right?

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report