Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cylinders are [Output > Rendered] faceted..

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dparks
851 Views, 4 Replies

Cylinders are [Output > Rendered] faceted..

Just upgraded to Navis 2015 and finding that it is rendering cylinders; which are produced in everything from a pipe section, to large horizontal and vertical vessel bodies, to handrails, in a faceted manner - howeverrr...

The faceted rendered objects only appear at a distance.. If the viewpoint is moved closer to the object, the cylinder renders smoothly..

So question is: Where is the setting/control for this distance related level of detail that is causing cylinders to render faceted - depending on the distance of said object(s) to the camera..

Final note:
This anomoly only appears when using the [Output > Image] operation.. The object(s) appear smooth in regular shaded view in the main window, and when rendered to the cloud - only when using the Autodesk rendering and outputting the image does the facetting ocurr..

Any information, tips, and support are appreciated..

dp

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mjbrattan
in reply to: dparks

Did you ever get a solution to this? I am having the same problem.

Message 3 of 5
stefansikora
in reply to: mjbrattan

I have upgraded to Navisworks Simulate 2016 and i experience a problem with the output of rendered images.

In the 3D-View everything looks fine and when i export an image with screen settings (no Autodesk Rendering) the result is ok.

But when i output a image with Autodesk Renderer the cylinders become facetted.

Message 4 of 5
brian.k.smith

I am having the same problem with Navisworks 2016

Message 5 of 5
brian.k.smith

Set "Faceting Factor" under Navisworks Options Editor - Revit to a number higher than 1 to increase the faceting (and smooth out the surface rendering)  Check for this while in Revit under the Navisworks Exporter Options.

nw_export-faceting.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report