Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line options for file conversion

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
alanbarn
4392 Views, 9 Replies

Command line options for file conversion

I am using the command line options to automatically generate a .nwd file from a (PDMS Review) .rvm file.

The conversion works ok, and I am going to add a SYSCOM line to the end of the macro which generates the review models (daily)

I would like to apply certain model display changes at the same time as the conversion, i.e. graduated horizon, certain elements in the model to be translucent (escate routes etc).

Are there any command line switches that I can apply to my conversion?

Is there any way to automate the properties changes to the model in Navisworks.

The line I am using which works, is:

SYSCOM |  "C:\Program Files\autodesk\Navisworks Simulate 2010\roamer.exe" -nwd C:\PDMS\Review\PDMS_Review_Models\Gorgon-IEC-MOF.nwd C:\PDMS\Review\PDMS_Review_Models\Gorgon-IEC-MOF.RVM|

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: alanbarn

If the NWD created by your command  line has always the same filename and place, and gets overwritten each day,

then you can have a 2nd NWF file that has this NWD appended and holds the modifications, saved viewpoints etc.

In your batch file you have to add a line to batch create the 2nd NWF to a 2nd NWD that wil become the NWD the end-users will use.

Message 3 of 10
Hochanz
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

Patrick:

could you explain this a bit more. Are you saying the following:

create 1 NWD file from the PDS file (with the command line)

then

created another NWD file (different location) on the same command line

I modify when required !!
Message 4 of 10
Patrick_Aps_9121

Yes, for PDS it is not realy needed, but for PDMS I believe this is the right way to go:

- The first step in the batch proces is just there to convert the models into an NWD. For PDS models you can do this with an NWF file that has the .dgn models attached, for PDMS, I believe you have to this another way.

- The 2nd step is that you want to combine these NWDs, or you want to change colours, visibilty, or add viewpoints

you can do this by creating a 2nd NWF that has the NWD or the 1st step attached. The only restriction is that the NWDs from the first step should keep their filename and location when they are re-reated the next night.

- Now if you use NWF2NWD.bat, you can Create a 2nd NWD that combines and re-visualises the NWD's from the 1st step. Schedule this 2nd stap after the 1st and you will have a overnight creation of an NWD with your own viewpoints or display overrules...

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Message 5 of 10
aerokhaleel

DO you have any Batch command to covert higher *.nwd(2013) file into lower version *.nwd(2012)

Message 6 of 10
opensteel

This is not possible.

Message 7 of 10
zoe.mair

Hi,

I am using the following command in order to automatically generate a Navisworks file from a Review (rvm) file on a nightly basis, however the NWD does not appear to be overwritten when i check the file each morning:

SYSCOM 'CMD /C "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2013\ROAMER.EXE" -NWD \\abz-as5\NavisworksShare\Talisman\MontroseAlpha\TMA_Review_Complete.nwd \\abz21-as1\Talisman\MontroseAlpha\PDMS\tmarev\TMA_Review_Complete.rvm'

Is there something that i must add to the command so that these files will be regenerated each night?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Zoe

Message 8 of 10
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: zoe.mair

In my expericence, often the destination files are still open by someone and therefore cannot be overwritten.
On a windows computer c:\OPENFILES /D can help to close those files.

Message 9 of 10
aerokhaleel
in reply to: zoe.mair

Zoe,

Let try this

if running in PDMS command

SYSCOM |"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2013\ROAMER.EXE" -NWD \\abz-as5\NavisworksShare\Talisman\MontroseAlpha\T​MA_Review_Complete.nwd \\abz21-as1\Talisman\MontroseAlpha\PDMS\tmarev\TMA​_Review_Complete.rvm|

or

if  CMD prompt

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2013\ROAMER.EXE" -NWD \\abz-as5\NavisworksShare\Talisman\MontroseAlpha\T​MA_Review_Complete.nwd \\abz21-as1\Talisman\MontroseAlpha\PDMS\tmarev\TMA​_Review_Complete.rvm

khaleel

Message 10 of 10

You can close files from Computer management under System Tools > Shared Folders > Open Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report