Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking on Cube, blanks out screen. What can cause this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
x2dalyon
373 Views, 2 Replies

Clicking on Cube, blanks out screen. What can cause this?

We have some models that when some files are attached it works ok  to fly around and zoom in and out, but when you click any side of the view cube the screen blanks.  Is there a known cause for this like Proxy Graphics in a model?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nikitesh95
in reply to: x2dalyon

I have Faced same issue, When Flying through project, in a specific angle when camera points, it goes blank, All components vanish. I have observed that this may be due to software glitch, in some cases when file is kept open, problem gets solved.

Message 3 of 3
tstorzuk
in reply to: x2dalyon

@x2dalyon

I've come across this before when something way out in the middle of nowhere makes the model zoom to such a tiny scale when hitting the view cube that it doesn't show anything at all. Check all of your files to see if this is the case (zoom extents should help with that).

How far away from the origin are your models? Sometimes a reference file will leave a "node" at the origin and make this happen if it's a long distance away from the origin. Do you load a single file with all your XREFs attached, or do you load each individual file with the "do not load XREFs" option checked (Options > File Readers > whatever file type you're loading - typically DWG)?

If you're loading a single file with XREFs, try loading/appending each file one at a time with the "do not load XREFs" option checked. It may be called "do not convert XREFs" or something a bit different. I don't have it open in front of me right now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report