Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clash Detection Problem - Individual Clashes reset to New after being Approved

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
marshallrt
483 Views, 4 Replies

Clash Detection Problem - Individual Clashes reset to New after being Approved

I have been having problems for the last couple weeks:

I have a number of DWG files appended into my NWF file for the project, and I update the source files a couple times a week, as I get updated files from various trades.  I have a number of clash reports that I update using these files, and lately I have a lot of trouble with items that have already been reviewed and approved resetting as a "new" clash.

Example being, If something is slightly touching the insulation on a duct, and I know that will not realistically be an issue in the field so I review with the trades in my coordiation meeting change it to "Approved"  Then next week with an update file, the same Item will show up as a "new" hit. Except there are thousands of them.

I have one file froim one contractor that, every update, every single clash resets to new.  With other files its a little more random, some items change, others dont. HELP!  This is making it impossible to ever make progress or have a complete reviewed model. I dont know if I have a settign wrong, or what.

I do occasionally switch between two separate computers, copying all the files over if it do, but i seem to have the problem whether I switch computers or not, so I don't know if thats it.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: marshallrt

Something like this thread, perhaps?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Navisworks/Item-missing-in-clash-detective-when-weekly-files-...

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
marshallrt
in reply to: dgorsman

That sounds about right.  My sprinkler guy is using that program, so it sounds like theres not really a solution out there.

I'm also seeing it with other trades though too, recenty with my Electrical and HVAC, and I've switched between computers a couple times, so i wasnt sure if I missed some file thats being referenced.

Message 4 of 5
marshallrt
in reply to: dgorsman

Actually sounds like my Sprinkler guy is using SprinkCAD which uses DWG as it file type so maybe thats not the issue.

Message 5 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: marshallrt

Also depends on how the program operates.  I know that some of them don't modify a component but rather erase it and draw in a new one with the updated values.  As far as consumers of that content (like Navisworks) are concerned its a completely new object, even though it occupies the same location with many of the same physical dimensions.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report