Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't load MS Project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1611 Views, 3 Replies

Can't load MS Project

Hi.

I download for trial NavisWorks Manage 2011, to follow one of the examples require to import a project but I get the following error, anyone knows why this happens?

Thanks

217i57A6C50FBFB4E536

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi jmcruzr,

Hello. I see you are running into an error loading an MS Project file. It is hard to say exactly what is causing the issue you are experiencing, but there are some things you can check on:

First, your post mentions you are using an MS Project file.

-The Version of the file you are trying to load, Navisworks can utilize 2003, 2007 and MPX MS Project files. I would resave your model from Project and make sure it is in one of these formats.

-Build a basic project file with only one or two fields. If you can link to a small project file, this error may point to data errors in your project file.

This may not be an MS Project file. The screenshot of the error seems to point to Primavera being the source of the issue. Are you certain the file is from MS project?

-If you are trying to link to a Primavera database, you need to make sure you have the proper Primavera components installed and you need to be using a user account with full administrative privileges to Primavera.

-If you are using a Primavera exported file, which I am thinking you may be, there is likely a field in the file that is populated with a NULL value, incorrectly. You will want to have your Database administrator check your data table for NULL issues.

Thank you for participating in our community!

David Dembkoski, Autodesk Product Support

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 4
fengr

Thank you for your question.

Does the error pop up when you right click on the link tab?

The error usually indicates that plugin can't be found.  Firstly, I suggest you to install the product again. If the problem is not fixed, please check if there is "NWTLPrimaveraPM.dll" under your installation folder(e.g. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2011). If it exists, please use "Regsvr32 " command to register NWTLPrimaveraPM.dll. Then run your Navisworks again.

Hope this will resolve your problem. Otherwise we may need more information to help you out of the trouble.

thanks,

-Reed 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

You may use next software which can help you in this complicated situation. The program has different possibilities such as working under any Windows OS, system requirements. microsoft project recovery solve out almost every trouble with ms project files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report