Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animate color or transparency on items with presenter materials

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1097 Views, 3 Replies

Animate color or transparency on items with presenter materials

Hi All

Is it just common knowledge that you can not animate color or transparency on items with presenter materials?

I have tried to find solution to this problem, but can not.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible?

-Svarrer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dennis
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes you can, in a way.  In the Presenter tool, the Materials tab, you should be able to find under Recommended: Enamel, use these to just color something.  As well, under Recommneded: Glass, use this for your transparency.

You are right in the assumption though, that if I pick an object, right-click and use Override: Transparency, it only works in Shaded Mode and not Rendered Mode.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dennis

Hi again

Thank you Dennis for your reply.

Sorry for not making the question clear.

My problem is in the Animator. I have a model with presenter materials.

I want to animate a move on a part in my model and then "change color of animation set" while moving.

Or I want to have  a part disappear with "change transparency of animation set".

This only seems possible with parts that are only with color and not with presenter materials.

Maybe it is the same problem - that you cannot change transparency on presenter materials?

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

I think that changing Presenter materials properties would be problematic.  The transparency of materials takes into acount a number of material settings like mapping, etc. which is set in the material, not the object its assigned to.  If you changed material settings on the fly *all* objects with that material assigned would be altered as well, unlike the transparency setting which is a per-object value.  Probably not the best of ideas.

The process of animating a change of material transparency for specific objects while leaving the rest of them alone is very tricky.  It might be possible in another program more dedicated to production-level graphics, like 3DSMax.  For a technical presentation, it probably falls into the category of "Cool effect, but there's more important areas to spend time on."

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report