Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Glue Performance

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
imcgaw
257 Views, 1 Reply

360 Glue Performance

I am wondering if anyone else is having speed/performance issues with models loading in Glue? I have a single floor merged model that is not small (~100,000-250,000 SF), has all trades about 20 files. It takes about 45 minutes to open. This project is a hospital so pretty intense on all trades. I am not thinking it should take this long to load. I had brought it up that the floor should be split up but this was a couple of months ago now and the model is clearly getting heavier and heavier. Is there is anything I can do on my end since I am not running the coordination only part of it. I mean it is getting pretty crazy when having to refresh this model. Any help would be excellent.

On a side note, I think that the Glue software is awesome for sharing models but I still prefer Navis for straight up coordination for the clash reporting.

Thanks,

Ian

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tlewis
in reply to: imcgaw

That sounds like an intense model for sure. 

I would recommend splitting the model up. keep the chunks manageble, around 50,000sf should load quickly. When the model is loading it is pushing everything to the RAM (random access memory) so it has to download portions of all that data to visualize it in 3D form. Less data = higher performance.

I would also agree with your opinion on Glue. It offers a huge advantage to coordinate with the entire team. It will be exciting to see it further developed now that it is becoming more mainstream.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report