Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to zoom to the modelitem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sd1036770
864 Views, 1 Reply

how to zoom to the modelitem

1.I have using search to find some modelitems and list them in a listview,when i click a listviewitem,it zoom to the modelitem,how can i do it?

2.how to calculate the shortest distance between two objects?is there any api to do that?just like measure

3.i hava got a problem,i can't open the *.nwd file of 2013 with .NET api,but if i save the file as 2012 or 2011 type,it can load the file, but it still has problem,the 2012 type has no gridlines and color,the 2011 type has color but no gridlines,do you have the same problems?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: sd1036770

hi,

1. please refer to  

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/2012/05/how-to-zoom-in-current-view-on-current-selection-with-net-...

2. no API for this. you can get boundingbox of two objects and calculate the distance of two center points yourself

- i can't open the *.nwd file of 2013 with .NET api

which version of .NET API you are using? Note, like in product (UI), you cannot open a 2013 file in Navisworks 2012/2011. 

-the 2012 type has no gridlines and color,the 2011 type has color but no gridlines

As I remember, gridlines is supported from Inventor 2013 (product or API).  So it is not strange to me 2012/2011 has no gridlines. but it is a bit strange to me 2012 type has not color. Can you reproduce this issue by saving in UI? If yes, could you share a demo copy or post the question to product board?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Navisworks/bd-p/372

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report