Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we do clash,timeliner,sectionplane e.g do in winform control application

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sd1036770
520 Views, 3 Replies

can we do clash,timeliner,sectionplane e.g do in winform control application

Hi,I'm new in navisworks,now we want to make winform control application(not plugin),the customer wants to have the same function like clash,timeliner,sectionplane and other functions.I have a question,is the current version of api can do these things?can i make a application just like a "little navisworks"? or the current version is better for plugin? TKS!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: sd1036770

Hi,

as I replied you through ADN, the .NET control app of current releases cannot access .NET plugin. So Timeliner or Clash is not available. But section plane is the built-in ability of COM API. you should be able to access it in .NET control.

Message 3 of 4
b1t731
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hello,Mr.Liang

so am i able to understand it as it's better to create plugins than control application?it's hard to create such winform application.

by the way,the sectionplane function(the demo in blog) is difficult to understand and i think it's difficult or can't reach the effect like navisworks(UI),right?

Message 4 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: b1t731

yes, better to use plugin.

but, if you just want to know the information of TimeLiner/Clash of a document, you could consider to write an Automation behind your control app. i.e. The control app calls the Automation EXE. The EXE starts Navisworks (can be invisible) calls a plugin which accesses the TimeLiner/Clash info and writes them to a text file. Finally your control app reads the text file and displays the info in your own interface such as a grid for TimeLiner Tasks. 

As to sectioning API, I'd suggest you take a look at the ability of UI firstly, understand how it works with the 6 planes. Thus you may have an idea how to understand the API code. In addition, I'd suggest you  just try the code, instead of guess.  Of course, if you find any problems, please shout. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report