Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i put the third party model into the view?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
297 Views, 5 Replies

can i put the third party model into the view?

i make a control application use winform and i want to put the third party model(just like in navisworks) into the application ,is there any api to do that?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I do not know what your difficulty is. Have you found the obvious methods of DocumentControl.Document? e.g.

documentControl.Document.AppendFile 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

sorry,I think I have not expressed clearly what I mean,i mean the "worker model" like in navisworks,the picture in attachment below is what i want

Message 4 of 6
xiaodong_liang

Hi,

This could be called "3rd person"  or "Avatars" 🙂 Unfortunetly, no API for this .Sorry.

maybe you could append an additional file within which there is a model looks like a 3rd person, and transform the model to mimic the moving like Navisworks.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

hi Mr.Liang,Thanks for your help,i want to ask another additional question,is the control application must base on navisworks,i mean i make a control application with api and the computer which run my application must install navisworks?

Message 6 of 6
xiaodong_liang

Hi sd1036770,

sure. .NET control depends on Navisworks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report