Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeliner Simulation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dickinsjohn
406 Views, 3 Replies

Timeliner Simulation

I would like to develop a plugin for navisworks in which i need to get information on the active elemet during a timeliner simulation along with that all the other elements which have already appeared. kindly help me with this.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

As said, currently no API to access Simulation of Timeliner. I did not try, but since TimeLiner API is available and you can access the info of the TimeLiner task  & attached elements & planned/actual date & construction/demolish  , I think you could check the date yourself to know which elements should be visible/invisible in the specific date.

Message 3 of 4

Hi

How to access the Timeliner document using timeliner API? Can you please give me some tips on how to approach the problem.

What i need to do is a plugin to check the safety of the multistory building being constructed.

for that i need to access the timeliner document.

from that check the dates and obtain  all the elements visible till that date.

take each element and check for the geometry and fall protection systems deployed till the currrent date.

Am i right?

Message 4 of 4

A series of posts are available on the blog, e.g.

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/2012/10/timeliner-api-part1.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report