Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavisworksViewerControl to view/open an IFC file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Irvin
1654 Views, 3 Replies

NavisworksViewerControl to view/open an IFC file

Hello,

I’ve got a question about the navisworksviewercontrol which we want embedded in our software.

What is needed to use this control and open and view an ifc model? So how can we use this control to open and view ifc file and what is needed on the client side.

Hope the question is clear.

Kind regards,

Irvin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Irvin

Hi,

The help reference has indicated it:

ApplicationControl has a ApplicationType property that allows developers to specify how many DocumentControls will be used in a given application. If this property is set to ApplicationType.SingleDocument, non-native file loaders and the Presenter materials will also be available. However using an additional DocumentControls will throw 'InvalidOperationException' exceptions when accessing the Documents of the additional DocumentControls.`

i.e. when you want to work with any type of files in a view control application, you must set  ApplicationType.SingleDocument.

Message 3 of 4
vkasireddy
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Thanks. This helps loading the IFC file into the application and I can see the ifc items in the tree viewer (this was built in WPF using your example on typepad). However, in the model viewer, I cannot see my geometric objects at all. Can you help me understand how I can correctly visualize the 3D geometric objects in the model viewer? Also, is it possible to embed the entire Navisworks software into a WPF application including menus and other functionalities (without having to code for each and every functionality separately)? Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: vkasireddy

Hi Irvin,

Sorry for my late response! And it looks your case was not escalated to subscription center, either.
if you still have the problem to see IFC geometries, could you share a copy? I can test it at my side.
As to embed Navisworks to WPF, sorry there is not such way currently. We have logged a wish to expose Viewcube and Navigation bar for .NET control. As this moment, you will have to implement the relevant menus yourself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report