Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks COM plugin 32 and 64 bit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scott.cleveland
640 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks COM plugin 32 and 64 bit

I have written a Navisworks .NET plugin that uses COM via the COM Bridge. It seems the Navisworks COM Interops between 32 and 64 are not compatable and although the .NET portions will run in either, If I build project in VS in 32 bit, the COM section will not run in 64 and vice versa, because the Autodesk.Navisworks.Interop.ComApi in each are different file versions and have different manifests. My guess is at runtime the 32 bit version is already loaded by Navisworks, and will not run with a project built w/ the 64 bit ersion and vice versa. Anyone know anything more on this? Thanks in Advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

I have not a 32bits environment at this moment. Could you elaborate the scenario? e.g. if you deployed Interop of COM API from 32 to 64. Could you share a small sample project? Probably it would help to find something from the properties of the project. 

Message 3 of 3

Have you found a solution yet? I cannot load SampleExamplePlugin.dll in Navisworks manage because I am on 64 bit machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report