Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2013 Plugin (Lite Version)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
928 Views, 3 Replies

Navisworks 2013 Plugin (Lite Version)

Hi,

Is there a lite version of the NW ActiveX Plugin for 2013 files?  The reason I ask is that it seems that the redistributable version also downloads a lot of other stuff in addition to the file itself.  (i.e. if the file is 1.7MB the about 15MB of data is downloaded)  However when I open up the same 1.7MB file with a older 2009 lite version of the plugin, it only transfers the 1.7MB.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

John

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I beleive you are referring to ActiveX control, instead of plug-in. 'Plug-in' is used with product, as an approach to extend the ability of product.

As to your question, it looks related with another post of yours. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Navisworks-API/Navisworks-API-for-Active-X-Plugin/td-p/364845...

from 2012, we provide two types of ActiveX controls: Integrated and Redistributable. no any more types. So, I think it it better to check if the issue you reported is same to any model, any time when you access it. Thus we could try to address what happened, or as designed.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Thanks for the reply.  My question is in the 2009 version of the ActiveX control, there use to be a lite version, and this file download size issue does not occur when using the lite version to open the NWD file through the browser.

Also whatever it might be, it really shouldn't be about 10 times the size of the original file.

thanks,

John

Message 4 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

So, again,  I think it it better to check if the issue you reported is same to any model, any time when you access it. Thus we could try to address what happened, or as designed. I seemed not see such issue at my side. I used the sample model gatehouse.nwd, clashtest.nwd etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report