Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoking a plugin through automation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
karteek.iitm
901 Views, 3 Replies

Invoking a plugin through automation

The plugin(shown below) is running when i click the button in Add-ins tab of Navisworks application. But when I try to execute the plugin through automation its not working. 

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.Text;

//Add two new namespaces
using Autodesk.Navisworks.Api;
using Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Plugins;
using Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Interop;
using Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Timeliner;
using Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Interop.Timeliner;

namespace BasicPlugIn
{
                [PluginAttribute("BasicPlugIn.ABasicPlugin",                        //Plugin name
                  "ADSK",                                                                              //4 character Developer ID or GUID
                  ToolTip = "BasicPlugIn.ABasicPlugin tool tip",                    //The tooltip for the item in the ribbon
                  DisplayName = "Simulation Play Plugin")]                           //Display name for the Plugin in the Ribbon

public class ABasicPlugin : AddInPlugin //Derives from AddInPlugin
      {
                    public override int Execute(params string[] parameters)
                    {

LcTlSimulationHelper.Instance.Play();
                                return 0;
                    }
      }
}
#endregion

I am trying to execute the above plugin using

string aString = "Hello";

Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Automation.NavisworksApplication navisworksApplication =
                                             new Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Automation.NavisworksApplication();

navisworksApplication.ExecuteAddInPlugin("BasicPlugIn.ABasicPlugin.ADSK",aString);

But this does not help execute the plugin and start the timeliner simulation.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi, 

Did you mean if LcTlSimulationHelper.Instance.Play(); cannot work when calling from an automation, or any code (like pop out a message box in the plugin)? If it is for LcTlSimulationHelper, sorry as I having said, this is NOT a public API we support now. We cannot guarantee all of its behaviors.

Message 3 of 4

Yes. LcTlSimulationHelper.Instance.Play() is not working when that plugin is called through automation. But it is working perfectly as a plugin in navisworks application.

Message 4 of 4

Since this is not a public (unsupported) API, things could go wrong.. Sorry for not much helping at this moment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report