Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug the net.api plugin?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
pollyanna23
1766 Views, 7 Replies

How to debug the net.api plugin?

Hi all,

I am new to Navisworks api. I was able to run the net api examples and create some simple ones by myself. But I do not know how to debug the plugin. Is that possible? Or how can I debug my application?

Thanks in advance!

Anna

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
zhangle
in reply to: pollyanna23
Message 3 of 8
pollyanna23

Hi Le,

It works! Thanks a lot!!

Anna

Message 4 of 8
zhangle

Anna, 

No problem. Glad it helped. 

Le Zhang 

Message 5 of 8
teocomi
in reply to: zhangle

The linked page does not exist anymore, any other referece on the topic?

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
zhangle
in reply to: teocomi

Sorry but the website is being transferred and the links are all broken.

New address: http://lezhang.net/2013/11/12/how-to-debugrun-navisworks-2013-api-programs/ 

Message 7 of 8
jlane
in reply to: zhangle

Hi there zhangle,

I read through your article, and it looks like what I need.

My only problem is I can't copy the files to any subfolders within C:\Program Files\ folder hierarchy with xcopy.  It works no problem if I redirect it to C:\Test\ - but of course that defeats the purpose since we need it to get down to the Navisworks \Plugins folder

I have full admin rights on my workstation, I should be able to change some settings on the \Plugins folder to achive the Post-Build event command line debugging workflow, right?

Any suggestions here?

Thx!

Message 8 of 8
alexisDVJML
in reply to: jlane

My only problem is I can't copy the files to any subfolders within C:\Program Files\ folder hierarchy with xcopy.  It works no problem if I redirect it to C:\Test\ - but of course that defeats the purpose since we need it to get down to the Navisworks \Plugins folder

I have full admin rights on my workstation, I should be able to change some settings on the \Plugins folder to achive the Post-Build event command line debugging workflow, right?

Any suggestions here?

Take ownership of the Plugins folder, this should do 😉

Main Scientist, Full Stack Developer & When Time Permits Director of IDIGO ► On your marks, Set, Go

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report