Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Field of View (F.O.V) using Navisworks API?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
t101428050
4621 Views, 5 Replies

How to change Field of View (F.O.V) using Navisworks API?

Dear all:

I want to change Field of View (F.O.V) = 90° through Navisworks API, how can do that?

Thanks!

Chao-Yung

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: t101428050

Hi

did you find Viewpoint.HeightField ?

Defines camera field of view in combination with aspect ratio. For a perspective camera, this is the vertical field of view (the angle between top and bottom planes of the camera view frustum). For an orthographic camera, this is the distance between top and bottom planes of the camera view frustum. Default 0.785398 (45 degrees)

Message 3 of 6
t101428050

Thank you so much, it's solved!

Chao-Yung

Message 4 of 6

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default setting for Field of View in Navisworks?

Message 5 of 6
laybrad1

I'm trying to figure this out as well. Ideally what I'm looking for is a way to modify this (as well as the walk speed) in an .xml export. I'm using iConstruct and it keeps messing with the defaults. I'd like to fix this in the .xml before sending to the design team. I can link this to a power shell script. PLEASE HELP ASAP!
Message 6 of 6
odwilliams

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out where to go to find Viewpoint.HeightField and what to do once i find it to resolve the F.O.V issue.

Not sure of the procedure to do so. Can you give a step by step please?

Thank you,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report