Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get coordinates of the point at the corner of view control

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JohnHon
434 Views, 5 Replies

Get coordinates of the point at the corner of view control

Dear all,

Are there any methods that we can get the coordinates of the four corners of the view control?

Thanks,

John

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: JohnHon

Hi,

do you mean the coordinates in the main form? ViewControl.Left, Right. etc should tell these values.

if you refer to the coordinates in the model, you may need to check the info of the current viewpoint.
Message 3 of 6
JohnHon
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Dear Xiaodong,

Thanks for your reply.

I am refering to the model coordinate.

However, I cannot find those information from the current viewpoint.

Could you give me some hints?

Thanks,

John

Message 4 of 6
xiaodong_liang

Hi John,

you may have to calculate with the properties: AspectRatio , HeightField yourself in perceptive or orthographic camera. sorry i have not an existing answer on it. Please take a look some articles of camera of graphics if there is any algorithm.
Message 5 of 6
JohnHon
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi Xiaodong,

I see. I will try to search it. Hope that it is not difficult for me to understand it.Smiley Very Happy

Thanks,

John

Message 6 of 6
xiaodong_liang

I did no try, but perhaps you could take advantage of InputPlugin to help you to get the values, i.e. assume you get the display coordinates of the corner, get their WCS by PickItemResult.Point

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/2013/05/navisworks-2014-api-new-feature-inputplugin.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report