Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting images and RenderPlugin

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
leetej
514 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting images and RenderPlugin

Hi guys,

I am using the latest release of Navisworks and its associated API in which I have implemented a custom Autodesk.Navisworks.Plugins.RenderPlugin class.

I have been drawing 2D shapes using the OverlayRenderWindow method of RenderPlugin. All seems to work well, having the shapes appear in the output view, as intended.

However if I want to save an image, there seems to be a problem. Even though these shapes are visible in the view of the Navisworks window, whenever I try to save an image using the "Output>Image" or "Output>Rendered Image" features, the 2D shapes I can see in the view aren't present in the outputted image. What happens if the user wishes to save an image of the view as is, including any 2D shapes drawn by RenderPlugin?

Cheers,

Jon

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: leetej

Hi,

I would think what  RenderPlugin draws is a transient graphics which is not able to be saved with model. But, this is a good question / wish. I will log it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report