Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing IFC import into navisworks

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
GeomGym
1694 Views, 2 Replies

Enhancing IFC import into navisworks

Hi All,

I'm new to the navisworks api so forgive me if these questions should be obvious.

I'm devloping a plugin to enhance ifc import into navisworks, primarily at this stage to generate time liner tasks extracted from the 4d information in the IFC file.

I'm creating the nested tasks fine and setting planned dates, but I seem to have problems with finding the existing IFC product in the navis works file.  Can I search for products based on the ifc globalID (ie 22hB3s_DbEGuQ7cAsr1wdA )

If I decode it back to a universal GUID (ie 82acb0f6-f8d9-4e43-8687-98adb507a9ca) I seem to be able to on occaision find the element using this:

search.SearchConditions.Add(SearchCondition.HasPropertyByDisplayName("Item", "GUID").EqualValue(VariantData.FromDisplayString(s)));

But it's not working for most objects.  Can someone please help with a good strategy for finding this?

I'm also having problems with finding how to set the timelinertask type to values like construct, demolish or temporary.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Jon

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
GeomGym
in reply to: GeomGym

It seems the unique id works better in manage 2014 which is good.

I still can't see how to set the task type to construct (and I can't see that I can manually set in bulk for multiple tasks).

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Message 3 of 3
GeomGym
in reply to: GeomGym

Ok, seems I was looking for property SimulationTaskTypeName

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report