Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable ALLOW_RESAVE when converting NWC to NWD

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mobj
1406 Views, 2 Replies

Enable ALLOW_RESAVE when converting NWC to NWD

We're converting NWC to NWD, but the resulting NWD files are locked.

So we need a method to batch convert NWC + NWF files to NWD while enabling the flag: ALLOW_RESAVE

How do we enable this flag using vbscript or .NET?

Morten Bastue Jacobsen
Rambøll Danmark A/S
www.ramboll.dk
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: mobj

When you use Publish to generate the nwd file, you can set the flag:

.NET API:   PublishProperties.AllowResave . refer to api\net\documentation\.NET API.chm to find the sample

COM API: InwOaPublishAttribute.Flags = nwEPublishFlags .ePublishFlag_ALLOW_RESAVE .  refer to api\com\examples\auto_08, you can know how to se attributes.

Message 3 of 3
ngombault
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Gents,

I am struggling to make this work using Navisworks 2016.

I am trying to publish a .rcs from recap into a .nwd with embedded textures. This works but even with the flag allow resave, the resulting file cannot be re-saved on itself: if I open the nwd and save it as yet a new nwd, the new file is fine, but if try to just save it on itself I get an error 'cannot open file for writting'.

Unfortunately when I use the API to do this convoluted workflow (publish as temp name > open > save as new name) the new resulting file has the same problem. So it looks like the Navisworks UI 'Save As' function does something differently form the API.

Any advice?

Nic

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report