Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically appending files by selecting attributes links or Hyperlinks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gregoryx.robinson
453 Views, 2 Replies

Automatically appending files by selecting attributes links or Hyperlinks

Before I begin the research - I am wondering if it may be possible to call "append" provide it the file with path, from an attribute with is in the model, file, document object model.

i.e. I append (or open) a .dwg containing attributes or huperlinked objects.

I write a command, call, or plugin that prompts me for an object containing the attribute/link. Providing the link is valid, the file is appended.

My code would derive the file and path from the attribute value.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

I am trying to understand your scenario:

you have a file (say DWG), in which there is some objects with some attributes or hyperlinks.

1. Either you want to append this DWG by checking the attributes or hyperlink. i.e. if the attributes/hyperlink meets your requirement, the DWG file is appended.
  2. Or you want to append other files which are indicated in the attributes/hyperlink?

For 1, you may have to open the DWG and check the attributes or hyperlink, and decide to append it or not.

For 2, this depends on your workflow, e.g.

-        You can iterate the attributes/hyperlinks, get the full path of the other files, and append them.

-        You can also check the selected object in OnCurrentSelectionChanged event, get the attributes/hyperlinks, get the full path of the other files, and append them. i.e. when the user selects the object, the appending job is done automatically.

Message 3 of 3

Ok, - Now to roll up my sleeves and increment through the steps required... Thanks, Greg Robinson Hensel Phelps Construction Co. Intel Fab 42 Tool Install 480.723. 7722 Direct 480.316.6060 Mobile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report