Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when use Application.DocumentManager.Open(filePath) to open file,text missing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sdphg
588 Views, 2 Replies

when use Application.DocumentManager.Open(filePath) to open file,text missing

If I open the file manullay,autocad will ask me to select fonts for some styles,then all text will display. but if I use Application.DocumentManager.Open(filePath) to open the file,autocad does not ask me to select font for any styles, thus all the texts use those styles will not display. What more worse is if you had saved the file, those missing texts will never come back.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: sdphg

Hi,

First sorry, I have no answer (at the moment) for your problem, just make some noise around the positive options you get with that problem

1) option to avoid popups?

there are so much people out there looking for how to avoid these popups while opening drawings 😉

Now we have found such a way?

2) remove SHX-file-references from drawing?

>> What more worse is if you had saved the file, those missing texts will never come back.

That is what I can't beleive, because if AutoCAD misses some TTF or SHX it uses replacement fonts ... but that does not change the STYLE-definition, just the display. So I'm wondering what happens on your pc.

I tried (with default "open") to open a drawing that misses a SHX, canceled the dialog that asks me for showing the position of the SHX, saved the drawing, opened it once more and now I see the correct visualization of the text.

If it does not ask for missing SHX the next load-time (and I interpret your words in that way) it would be a chance to get SHX-references prurged.

BUT let me ask one question to that: if you opened then your drawing and look to the STYLE-list ==> what fonts are now used instead?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
sdphg
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.Yes, you are not give the answer,but you give me clues to figure it out.

When I using this methord to open file,I have never seen the font selecting dialog. so maybe it's the right way to avoid the dialog.Robot tongue

About your question. I am curious too, but I will do somthing to reproduce it and try to find the right reason out.

anyway,thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost