Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vb.net drawing 3d solids

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
barth11496
1126 Views, 4 Replies

vb.net drawing 3d solids

Hello to whom would be kind as to give me I bit of information, Iam fairly new to vb.net programming, been using acad since the very beginning, I have step into the programming environment to customize various things for my work, and it has been a blast, iam using AutoCAD 2007 and visual studio 2008 with AutoCAD vb.net application template. so far iam drawing many things in the 2d field, but very much need to be in the 3d field, I need someone who would be willing to give me an example of how to do this. This is what I would like to do; I attached an example of what I need to change. It is four solid boxes that I would like to change the width,height,depth of using 3 text boxes on a form labeled width,height,depth. I need to see in code how I would dim variables correctly to parametrically
change this box given user input, what variables would I declare, and in what sequence, would I use-x,y,z points and how, I need to see the code in correct sequence to understand, and how would I attached this code to the correct text box, I would like to enter a value in say the height box, and of course it would change the height of the solid boxes -etc…..I do understand block tables and block table records and declaring them for drawing lines or any other type of 2-d enties in a program, are there other imports statements I need.do I still used the point3d, or is there other for drawing solids, and how do I do this, t the brave soul that will show me this in code form I will send a gift certificate to your favoriot restaurant, my frustration levels are very high, I been working on this for 2 weeks now and just cannot get any results I need. I thank you in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barth11496

Autodesk provides no access to the solid APIs that are needed
to manipulate solids in the way you want, unfortunately.

--

http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2009
Supporting AutoCAD 2000 through 2009
http://www.acadxtabs.com

Introducing AcadXTabs 2010:
http://www.caddzone.com/acadxtabs/AcadXTabs2010.htm

wrote in message news:6102229@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hello to whom would be kind as to give me I bit of information, Iam fairly new to vb.net programming, been using acad since the very beginning, I have step into the programming environment to customize various things for my work, and it has been a blast, iam using AutoCAD 2007 and visual studio 2008 with AutoCAD vb.net application template. so far iam drawing many things in the 2d field, but very much need to be in the 3d field, I need someone who would be willing to give me an example of how to do this. This is what I would like to do; I attached an example of what I need to change. It is four solid boxes that I would like to change the width,height,depth of using 3 text boxes on a form labeled width,height,depth. I need to see in code how I would dim variables correctly to parametrically change this box given user input, what variables would I declare, and in what sequence, would I use-x,y,z points and how, I need to see the code in correct sequence to understand, and how would I attached this code to the correct text box, I would like to enter a value in say the height box, and of course it would change the height of the solid boxes -etc…..I do understand block tables and block table records and declaring them for drawing lines or any other type of 2-d enties in a program, are there other imports statements I need.do I still used the point3d, or is there other for drawing solids, and how do I do this, t the brave soul that will show me this in code form I will send a gift certificate to your favoriot restaurant, my frustration levels are very high, I been working on this for 2 weeks now and just cannot get any results I need. I thank you in advance.
Message 3 of 5
barth11496

Thanks tony, for your repley, how about just using the next best thing, the object just needs to be a 3d modal , how about just drawing 3d in some format
Message 4 of 5
Hallex

This one worked for me with your sample drawing

I use VS2005 / ACAD2008

~'J'~

I looked at Hallex's post, and it does pretty much what one of my suggestions was, which is to remove and recreate the solids as neccessary.

I then looked at your Box.dwg and without knowing what you are using it for and how, I can't be sure whether this approach would work for you or not...( it mostly depends on whether the thickness of the sides is important to you).

You could create a block definition with 3d object(s) that represents your box, and has dimensions of 1 unit x 1 unit x 1 unit. Then you would insert that block, and your manipulation of the dimensions becomes as simple as changing the x, y, and z scales of the block to the length, width, and height values you need.

Obviously this would scale everything in the axis you modify, so the thickness of each side would change with the appropriate scale, and that might not work for you.
Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost