Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
cfiene
601 Views, 3 Replies

user forms

Intermediate programmer here . .

I developed a program in VBA that used a form to allow users to create new dwg files based on selected criteria . . . . the vba program would then create and open the new dwg file and in the case of sheet files, it would populate title block attributes as well.

In vba, the forms focus was carried to the new file so the application would fill in the attributes, etc. as described above,

However in vb.net, I have not been able to get the form to recognize the new file. The program creates and opens the file, however the forms focus is still on the initial file so any actions to be applied to the new file are not carried out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
StephenPreston
in reply to: cfiene

So you've opened a DWG in a new document and want that to become the active document? Have you tried Application.DocumentManager.MDIActiveDocument = XXX, whwre XXX is the new document you opened/created? If that doesn't help, then a code sample would help demonstrate what you're trying to do.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 4
cfiene
in reply to: StephenPreston

Yes, that is correct. I will try your suggestion and let yuou know.

Thanks very much!

Message 4 of 4
cfiene
in reply to: StephenPreston

Hi Stephen,

I did not have a chance to look at my code for quite some time . . . some project deadlines etc . .

I tried your suggestion and it did not work. The error was indicating that the file name could not be a string variable. I did a little more resarch and foud that the follwing code worked:

Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.

Application.DocumentManager.Open(sNewFile, False)

Where sNewFile is the file I created from the applicaiton.

Hope this helps and thanks once again for your response.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost