Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new AcadApplicationClass hangs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mrkortek
305 Views, 1 Reply

new AcadApplicationClass hangs

I have some J# code setup to automate plot jobs. The code worked perfectly fine until I upgraded from AutoCAD 2004 to 2008. Although the

drawingApplication = new AcadApplicationClass();

call seems to launch acad.exe, control never returns so the application hangs. The wierd thing is that it works some times but only once. After reseting and rerunning later it may magically start working then stop again. If have trace messages wrapped around the call and a try/catch block but there are no apparent errors.

Since the engineers in my company have all converted to 2008, I am getting desperate to get this fixed so I can deploy it to production.

Does anyone have any ideas what may have changed between 2004 and 2008 AutoCAD wrt this API? Or are there any debug or trace settings that can be turned on to help identify the problem?

In the task manager, I can see the acad.exe, AdskCleanup.0001 and AdskScSrv.exe running. The acad.exe does take a fair bit of time to load so I am wondering if there is a timing issue with the new acadApplicationClass.

I realize C# is a better option to use but J# is required to interface with our drawing management tool. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: mrkortek

Out of curiosity, why is J# required to interface with your drawing
management tool?

I can't think of a reason why any CLS-compliant langauge would
not work, as they're fairly interchangable.

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2008
Supporting AutoCAD 2000 through 2008
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:5611324@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have some J# code setup to automate plot jobs. The code worked perfectly fine until I upgraded from AutoCAD 2004 to 2008. Although the

drawingApplication = new AcadApplicationClass();

call seems to launch acad.exe, control never returns so the application hangs. The wierd thing is that it works some times but only once. After reseting and rerunning later it may magically start working then stop again. If have trace messages wrapped around the call and a try/catch block but there are no apparent errors.

Since the engineers in my company have all converted to 2008, I am getting desperate to get this fixed so I can deploy it to production.

Does anyone have any ideas what may have changed between 2004 and 2008 AutoCAD wrt this API? Or are there any debug or trace settings that can be turned on to help identify the problem?

In the task manager, I can see the acad.exe, AdskCleanup.0001 and AdskScSrv.exe running. The acad.exe does take a fair bit of time to load so I am wondering if there is a timing issue with the new acadApplicationClass.

I realize C# is a better option to use but J# is required to interface with our drawing management tool. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost