.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load assembly dll in autocad startup, other question?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
7291 Views, 3 Replies

load assembly dll in autocad startup, other question?

I want to my custom commands or applications to be avaible at the startup of autocad without doing the net load command.

the dotnetwizard_v10_0_4_0.zip file downloaded from the developer page, that comes with vb express autocad templates, have some code to automatic load a assembly dll at the startup of autocad??

If this templates file doesn't come with some code to automatic load the custom dll application, what code i must put  in the template  to make the assembly dll loaded on the autocad startup?

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
norman.yuan
in reply to: Anonymous

.NET wizard you referred is for creating an .NET API project in VS, which has nothing to do in regard of loading your custom assebly when AutoCAD starts.

Also, whatever code you write (in .NET project, of course), in effort to autoload .NET assembly into AutoCAD inits startup, has to be LOADED into AutoCAD, in order to "autoload" your other assemlies. As you can see, there is no way to solve the auto-loading with the code that has to be loaded first.

The simplest way is to use AutoCAD built-in, traditional start-up loading approach: call NETLOAD in acad.lsp. In most case, this would satisfy real production need.

You can also modify Windows Registry to make your assemly load on demand. Search this forun for "load on demaond" or searc Kean Walmsley's blog (http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/), or just a google searc would do. This topic has been discussed many times.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

It was just discussed here:

View article...

and includes a link to the Through the Interface article.

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
Message 4 of 4
congcd4
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost