.NET

Active Contributor
dancalgary
Message 1 of 3 (341 Views)

from a point3dcollection to draw a 3d polyline

341 Views, 2 Replies
08-23-2012 04:41 PM

I want to create a command:

My selection set consists of dbpoints that exists on my drawing and they are more or less in line

I create a new point3dcollection with this db points

I want to create a 3d polyline based on this point3d collection

My problem is : how to sort this point3d collection based on a picked start point and picked end point?

The only ideea I have is:

from start point i calculate the distance to each point3d from collection and based on the results i sort the point3d collection based on distances

Can somebody have an input on this?

Thanks

Valued Contributor
FFlix
Message 2 of 3 (303 Views)

Re: from a point3dcollection to draw a 3d polyline

08-26-2012 04:12 AM in reply to: dancalgary

hi

just stumbled over kean's blog on sorting a pointcollection:

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2011/01/sorting-an-autocad-point2dcol...

he's using the x-xoordinate as criteria but in the comments below there are references to expand on, more like the problem you state, and a step further in his follow up blog.

hope you'll find this useful.

Valued Mentor
DiningPhilosopher
Message 3 of 3 (281 Views)

Re: from a point3dcollection to draw a 3d polyline

08-26-2012 11:43 PM in reply to: dancalgary

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community