Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check for available autocad license with vb.net

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
856 Views, 8 Replies

check for available autocad license with vb.net

Is there any way to check for an available autocad network license using vb.net?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't you just use lmtools? Its command line based, you could script it if you need to.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I could but have written an app that times how long it takes to open certain drawings from remotre offices as well as the base office. It is run through a batch file that executes every hour or so. I need to know if there is an available license so the app can continue.
Message 4 of 9
Ed.Jobe

You might try the vendor's website for information on communicating with the license daemon.

Ed

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks ed, I appreciate the push in the right direction.
Message 6 of 9
Ed.Jobe

I kinda doubt its possible though, since your app doesn't have a key like a registered autocad app would. You might have to resort to the script route and dig out what you need from the resulting text message. Since you say you're trying to find out if you can start a licence, that obviously leaves out anything ObjectArx could offer. You could try CreateObject, and if it fails, there wasn't a license available.

Ed

How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
cgay

Here is some sample code to get you going. You wil need lmutil.exe to get it to work (probably already on your PC or download from Macrovision.com).

-C
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks for the code.
When I get it working I'll post it.

Thanks all
Message 9 of 9
Dale.Bartlett

Did you get it working? Dale

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost