Did you mean: 

change the style of created obj or change the style and create that obj

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
damyan_lyaskov
469 Views, 2 Replies

change the style of created obj or change the style and create that obj

One general question for all the .net gurus out there.

It’s my understanding that every time a new object is created, Mtext for example, its created with the current style, Mtext style in my case.

I remember that when I used to code with Autolisp, I will always first change, for example the MText Style to the desired one and after that create the Mtext object.

Do I need to do the same here or just changing the MTextStyleID to the new MText Style will change all the properties of the Mtext object based on that MText Style.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: damyan_lyaskov

Hello,

When you create an MText entity, call the "SetDatabaseDefaults" method. This will ensure that the default values including the default style is assigned to the MText entity.

If you then want to have a different MTextStyle, then create a new MTextStyle and assign the ObjectId of it to the MText entity as its "MTextStyleId".

You can also choose to open the MTextStyle object using its objectId inside a transaction.

Changes made to the MTextStyle and then committed to the database will get reflected in all the MText entities that refer to this MTextStyle.

Hope this helps.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3
damyan_lyaskov
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost