Did you mean: 

addin does not load when Autocad 2013 starts

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
sabuj.saha
4473 Views, 15 Replies

addin does not load when Autocad 2013 starts

I have an addin that needs to load when the autocad loads or when user type the command. It works fine with autocad 2012 but does not work with 2013. The addin dll is located in %appdata%autodesk\ApplicationPlugins. If I use Netload command to load the dll in 2013 and it works fine. But I need that addin to load either when user type the command or when autocad start up.  I have checked the http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2011/06/adn-devcast-episode-7-creatin...

which was very helpful. But still could not get it workingin 2013.   

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
TJK77
in reply to: sabuj.saha

You could create a lisp file that calls netload. The lisp file would then be placed in the users startup suite. Since it appears the dll is on the machine you dont need to modify the acad.exe.config file to loadFromRemoteSources.

<runtime>
        <generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>
        <loadFromRemoteSources  enabled="true"/>
    </runtime>

Message 3 of 16
sabuj.saha

I just try the sample add in from here http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/04/autoloader-the-startupcommand-parameter.html.

That one also did not load.

Message 4 of 16
StephenPreston

Could this be your problem? -

http://labs.blogs.com/its_alive_in_the_lab/2011/05/unblock-net.html

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 5 of 16
sabuj.saha
in reply to: StephenPreston

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. I have looked up the link that you have posted. The solution in the link did not solve my problem. Still none of the .net plugins loads when auto cad strats. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sabuj 

Message 6 of 16
jeff

Have you checked  APPAUTOLOAD system variable.

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Message 7 of 16
sabuj.saha
in reply to: jeff

APPAUTOLOAD  was set to 14 for some reason. I have changed it to 2. But still no luck.

Is there anything else I can do?

Message 8 of 16
jeff

Is the Realase Max 19 in bundle, can you netload manually, etc.......

Just many things it could be, might be best to post xml file from bundle or if it errors ExtensionApplication.Intialize it will not load.

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Message 9 of 16
sabuj.saha
in reply to: jeff

Yes, I can netload manually. It does not show any error or anything like that. its clear that it is just not loading when aucad starts up.  Attached with this is the xml that I used for 2013. However for 2012, I did nt use any xml. It has been 5 days now. I am stuck. PLease let me if there is anything i can do to solve this. 

Message 10 of 16
TJK77

Where is the dll located? Instead of using this:

./Contents/FutureFuelBlockTextPostProcessor2013.dll

Try typing in the full path to the dll.

Message 11 of 16
StephenPreston

Hi Sabuj,

I suggest you go back and watch the tutorial on Autoloader again. (Unless my Mac is editing your XML without telling me - which I doubt) your XML is incomplete and has typos in it. Among other things -

- You're missing a RuntimeRequirements section.

- You have elements/parameters beginning with lowercase characters (including your <Components/> secion, which means you effectively haven't defined any Components).

- You have a stray 'd' at the end of the ComponentEntry line.

Also, search the AutoCAD helpfiles for 'appautoloader' and you'll find a list of XML elements and whether they are required or optional.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Message 12 of 16
sabuj.saha

Thanks you so much Stephen. Problem solved.

Message 13 of 16
sabuj.saha

I have this one last question.

In my Application Folder File installing property Default location set to [ProgramFilesFolder]AutoDesk\ApplicationPlugins\.

This put the dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins. Instead I need to put the dll in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins since autocad loads the plugin from that location. How do I do that? What do I set the default location to?

Message 14 of 16
sabuj.saha

Just figure out the solution for my last question

set the target Platform as 64 bit app and default location to "[ProgramFiles64Folder]Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins" 

Thanks

Message 15 of 16
StephenPreston

In AutoCAD 2013 we added the %programdata%\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins folder to the list of Autoloader locations. We did this because using %programfiles% causes problems when trying to build a common MSI installer for x86 and x64 (i.e. an x86 MSI). Use %programdata% if you're targeting AutoCAD 2013 only and need to create an 'all user' installation.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Message 16 of 16
sabuj.saha

Thanks Stephen, I will do it the way you explained.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost