Did you mean: 

Working with Section planes in .NET

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
SOMAR_engineering
816 Views, 0 Replies

Working with Section planes in .NET

To all,

I have been playing around with the sectioning capabilities in .NET, but have hit a snag.

When working manually in AutoCAD , you can create a section plane (SECTIONPLANE command) and then by right-clicking on the section plane you can create a 2D section of the solids that are cut by the section plane.  In the settings, you can then turn on background geometry and turn off hidden lines, this will create a 2D section that shows background geometry but hides lines that are hidden behind other solids.

The .NET API provides access to these same capabilities.  However, I cannot achieve what is described above. It appears as though the GenerateSectionGeometry method can only be applied to a single solid, one-at-a-time. Therefore, when this method is used with the visiblity of background geometry set to true and the visibilty of hiddenlines set to false, it does hide lines on the backside of a solid but lines on a solid that should be hidden behind another solid are still visible.  The desired behavior is that these lines-hidden-behind-solids should not be visible.  Is this functionality achievable with the .NET API?  I hope so.

I have attached my source code below.  Please let me know if you see what I am doing wrong.

ATTACHED CODE BELOW!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost