.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why we create Tools Palette using programming rather than of using AutoCAD's TP?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
imvivs
569 Views, 2 Replies

Why we create Tools Palette using programming rather than of using AutoCAD's TP?

Hi, I have some confusion  ,I want to know, what are the benefits or reason of developing the tool palettes in .Net(through programming)? What are the points that makes us to use .net for developing it?

As we can simply use Tool Palettes features in AutoCAD itselt, then what are the additional options that can be done pragmatically for Tool Palettes?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Ajilal.Vijayan
in reply to: imvivs

I think the main benefit of making a tool palette in .NET is the ability to add more customization.

Like adding interface tools like Listbox, dropdown etc.

Autocad tool palette features are limited to add the text and seperator for the items you created in the Tool Palettes.

Also with .NET you can create a New Palette set , then you can add individual palette into that.

Check this tutorial from Mike Tuersley

Message 3 of 3
imvivs
in reply to: Ajilal.Vijayan

Thanks Ajilal,
Could you please provide details regarding the following:
1. Is it possible to upload multiple .NET Assembly(.DLL) i.e. Third Party DLL, (Menu DLL) and Tool Palette DLL in AutoCAD, if not then please tell me what is the procedures to be followed.
2. As you have suggested we can create interface tools like Listbox, dropdown etc., would it be possible to upload the same in AutoCAD using .NET DLL.?
Thanks,
Vivs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost