Did you mean: 

Visual Studio Edit and Continue not working anymore

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
jacobwilliamscad
5131 Views, 24 Replies

Visual Studio Edit and Continue not working anymore

I'm new, hoping you can help. I develop AutoCAD using .NET, I use the Edit and Continue feature in Visual Studio 2008 while debugging and testing what I wrote. I recently got a new machine and now my Edit and Continue doesn't seem to work anymore. Any ideas why not? 

Jake

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
fenton.webb
in reply to: fenton.webb

FYI - I have been asked to clarify:

"we don't support it" means - you are fine to do it, but if something related to that environment setup goes wrong, we are within our rights to decline support for it.

With that said, it's very rare that we do that. For instance, we have literally hundreds of thousands of people running pre-AutoCAD 2011 who ask for support - we don't officially support AutoCAD 2010 or earlier anymore, but we still do support them - however, if things get too complicated to solve (like AutoCAD 2004 licensing on Windows 8), we have the right to decline support.

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 22 of 25

Someone just emailed asking me what the 'longbow solution' is that I mentioned in my previous post. For all: it's a tool which allows AutoCAD 32bit to install on Windows 7 64bit, works well and I have no problems at all. Here's the longbow converter link page

Message 23 of 25
Rob.O
in reply to: fenton.webb

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but Edit and Continue (64bit) has been FIXED!!!!  It now works in AutoCAD 2015 and VS 2013!!!  Oh happy day!

Message 24 of 25
tmullins
in reply to: Rob.O

What about AutoCAD 2014 and VS2013 Express?

Message 25 of 25
TiStars
in reply to: jacobwilliamscad

Seems “Edit and Continue” is available  in VS 2017(Win7 64bit)

天涯海角的山姆

您认为此帖子是否有用?欢迎为此帖点赞。

您的问题是否已得到解答?请点击“接受解答”按钮。

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost